IGT Toscana Rosso
Visual examination: Deep ruby red
Olfactory analysis: Fine and elegant, characterised by red and black berries followed by spicy notes of liquorice and cinnamon
Olfactory-taste analysis: Full-bodied and harmonious with smooth tannins. A long Intense Aromatic Persistency which confirms the olfactory post-nasal sensations.
Pairings: Red meats and aged cheese
- Varietal(s) 80% Sangiovese; 20% Merlot
- Soil Marl, clay, rich in skeleton
- Exposure Various exposures, always sunlit
- Growing techniques Spurred cordon
- Vinification Soft destemming and pressing of the grapes. Alcoholic fermentation in temperature controlled stainless steel vats. Malolactic fermentation in French tonneaux for a total of approximately 12-months ageing in oak.